question

donaldn01 avatar image
donaldn01 asked

BMV 712 Replacement Power cable

I have a BMV 712 installed and want to replace the Power Cable, the cable from the battery to the shunt that powers the shunt circuit board. It has a fuse holder in it that is not very weather proof and the fuse and contacts are all rusty. I cleaned the contacts and it is working but would like to replace it. Does any one know if replacement power cables are available? If so how do I purchase one? Thanks for any help/suggestions. -Don

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
tozz avatar image
tozz answered ·

I'd just create my own. it's a simple double wire with lugs at one end and ferrules at the other and a fuse in the middle. A replacement cable isn't mentioned on the Victron website, so I don't think you can get them as a separate item.

If you don't have the tools to crimp ferrules and lugs, any car garage can do this for you.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

donaldn01 avatar image
donaldn01 answered ·

I have looked online and can find inline fuses, but they all have very short leads on them. I would like to avoid splicing a fuse in the middle of another wire, just creating more joints that could fail. Any sources on inline fuses with long (2 - 3 ft) leads?

2 |3000