question

andrecampeau avatar image
andrecampeau asked

New MultiPlus install question

I just installed a MultiPlus with a BMV 712 on my travel trailer. It has been plugged to shore power at home since yesterday and the percentage of charge on the BMV has gone down to 95%, 13.30v, when it was showing 100% yesterday on my 2 Lion Energy batteries. I’m thinking it should still show 100%. I inputted the configuration numbers that Lion Energy gave me. The MultiPlus is on charge only. Does the MultiPlus also need to be configured some how? This is all new to me.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
tmartin000 avatar image
tmartin000 answered ·

Here are the specifications for dialing in the parameters for Lion Energy Batteries. (These came from Lion Energy)

.PDF below.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andrecampeau avatar image andrecampeau commented ·

Thank you but I had contacted them and they send me that document.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@andrecampeau

Yes it needs to be programmed especially if you are using it to charge from shore power.

For fully programming the system you need an mk3 to usb, download a copy of ve configure.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6lH3mF2cVaY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V1Zceq02vMA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GrPQ5z-hWbw

There are plenty of resources to learn from.

By this statement I inputted the configuration numbers that Lion Energy gave me does this mean you programmed the BMV?

4 comments
2 |3000

andrecampeau avatar image andrecampeau commented ·

Yes I programmed the BMV 712. So you mean the MultiPlus will not charge the batteries until I purchase the mk3 to usb to make more changes to the configuration? Doesn't the MultiPlus come ready out of the box to charge lithium batteries from shore power? And from the first video, it seems you must be an authorize tech and have the password to do this. I can't tell if it charges from solar panels as I haven't installed them yet. That's next. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ andrecampeau commented ·

The default settings are most likely for lead batteries and the low DC voltage cut-off settings are very low. So it's always recommend to change the settings to the specifications of the batteries.

0 Likes 0 ·
andrecampeau avatar image andrecampeau Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

And to do this, I must use the VE Configure software (for PC, not Mac) and MK3 USB cable? The numbers I put in the BMV using Victron Connect software is not the same?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ andrecampeau commented ·

Yes you need a MK3 Interface. Most settings can also be changed with VictronConnect on Mac.

The BMV is just a monitor and has nothing to do with the charging/discharging settings of the Multi or MPPT.

0 Likes 0 ·