question

neile avatar image
neile asked

Can I monitor PYLONTECH battery state of charge with a Cerbo GX?

I want to monitor a Pylontech battery bank state of charge connected to a Solis Charger/inverter with a Cerbo, I only want to monitor the state of charge with the Cerbo is this possible?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @NEilE,

Technically, maybe, yes.

BUT I really do not recommend it.

The Pylontech BMS is doing more than just communicating the state of charge to the Cerbo GX. It is also sending charge and discharge current limits and more.

There are only specific configurations that Pylontech will allow their battery to be installed with in order to maintain their warranty. Basically if the battery says stop charging via the BMS, the rest of the system needs to be able to respond to that message (in a way that has ben tested and approved by Pylontech).

Just connecting the Cerbo GX will show you the state of charge, but running the system like that without the control is likely to void the battery warranty, and lead to other control and reliability issues.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.