question

no1johnkilner avatar image
no1johnkilner asked

Mppt 75/10 Bluetooth solar controller cannot connect Bluetooth

I have installed my solar controller and connected successfully. I have accessed via android and iPad successfully for a year or so.

however, I have a new iPad and android phone and when I tried to connect it gets to 80% asks for the pin 000000 but fails to connect.

when I try to connect the unit flashes rather yellow and blue lights then fails to connect.

I have disconnected the unit from solar and battery and reconnected with no success. I have removed the victron program and reloaded with no success.

btw. I has similar problems with my battery monitor bur solved by disconnecting and reconnecting So I can confirm my iPad and android phone are ok with victron devices

i would appreciate solutions please

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
no1johnkilner avatar image
no1johnkilner answered ·

Solved my self

for some reason unknown to me my passwords were corrupted as I tried to access with new devices???

The app does not prompt you to reset passwords but simply goes into a loop?

so if you have this issue it is password related

for smart dongle , press reset button for 10 seconds and the password is reset-to zeros. Simple.

for my battery monitor with built in Bluetooth, go to the app, press the dots to the side of the menu for the device, press password reset, access the monitor and disassemble it from within the depths of your motorhome to be able to read the puk code which is “handily” on the reverse of the unit. Reinstall in the most awkward place where inevitably most of us hide these devices. Enter the puk code and the password is reset to zeros

I now know I should have noted the puk code before I installed the unit but I’m no expert. Shame it’s not on the front or side.
still all ok now

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cabin329 avatar image
cabin329 answered ·

Hi John, Thanks for posting this. I had the same problem when i got a new Iphone - and your comments helped me get going again. Thanks

2 |3000