question

drburkstrom avatar image
drburkstrom asked

MPPT Drops to 0 intermittently

I have a 150 | 35 PV controller, connected to a 48V bank of Lead Acid batteries, it's been fine for a couple of weeks, but recently it occasionally starts drops to 0W of PV yield, than goes back to a more normal value, then drops again. Disconnecting the panels, then the batteries, then reconnecting the batteries, then the panels, will sort the problem out, but only seems to be temporary. Any ideas? Screenshot of settings and video of it happening attached.

img-2137.png

MPPT ControllersMPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi DRBurkstrom. It seems to happen on FLOAT mode. Could you check the firmware installed ? It seems the 1.54 had some issues like that, but mvader announced they have almost fixed the issue and a new firmware should be available soon.

Check the FW, so you will know if it comes from that.

Michel

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

drburkstrom avatar image
drburkstrom answered ·

michelg: It is 1.54, so that sounds like it! Thanks, I'll try and roll it back and see if it improves.

2 |3000

smith-jack avatar image
smith-jack answered ·

That happens to my PV the same.The voltage doesn't change much, but the current will suddenly become zero.Do you have any solutions? I really appreciate it.

2 |3000