question

Bert de Jong avatar image
Bert de Jong asked

BMV 602S appears dead, what can I try?

I have bought a BMV 602S secondhand that has thusfar shown now sign of life. I have tested the shunt and the cable and both are OK (cable tested with cable-tester and shunt is giving out some values). However, the monitor shows no sign of live.

Any Idea of what I could try?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Sound like you have purchased a bud unit, sorry but if the unit does not power up the screen you are out of luck, check the small fuse and make sure thats ok

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bruces avatar image
bruces answered ·

Explain "shunt is giving out some values"?

Any pics of the shunt & the connections to it?

2 |3000

Bert de Jong avatar image
Bert de Jong answered ·

Where do I vind the small fuse?

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

As shown in the Quick install guide close to the battery positive terminal.

0 Likes 0 ·
bruces avatar image
bruces answered ·

Bert where are you? Did you buy the unit with cables & shunt & instructions?

There should be a red wire with a very light fuse halfway along it. One end of it goes to the pos terminal of the battery & the other goes into the shunt. On the top of the shunt you should see where it plugs in? I tried to find the "quick start guide" but it doesn't appear on the site for the 602S. Are you sure it's a 602S? Was the 602 made in an "s" variety?

2 |3000