question

tetley avatar image
tetley asked

BMV702 amphr consumed

We have 2x 120 12 v AGM batteries in parellel so 240 amp the fridge draws on average 4 amps per hour , we are fully charged by sunset . Now I would expect to see consumed amp hours by the morning as the fridge has been cycling and tv been on ect . Now in the morning the BMV reads 1 amp hour consumed soc 100% the voltage says 12.8 surely this cannot be correct . We are at a loss now on how to fix it the wiring at the batteries we feel is correct. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

9 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

RE The battery Negative connections

There should be one wire ONLY (Neg) going to the shunts Bat Neg connection ALL OTHER Neg wires should be on the LOAD side of the SHUNT

NOTE:

NO OTHER WIRES ON THE NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL only the one going to the shunt.

MOVE AL:L OTHERS to the load side of the shunt

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tetley avatar image tetley commented ·

Thank you so much greatly appreciated .

0 Likes 0 ·
tetley avatar image
tetley answered ·

Thank you Paul B for the answer I have all the negative into a bus bar then that to the shunt .

2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

neg battery to shunt then shunt to bus bar and all should be working fine.

no negative from any battery should be going to the bus bar.

all the negatives from all the batteries to the shunt

or

all battery negs to there own bus bar then from that bus bar to the shunt

2 |3000

tetley avatar image
tetley answered ·
  • Ok I have cable from negative of the battery to the battery side of the shunt then another cable from same negative side of battery to bus bar then all load negatives to load side of shunt .
  • I was thinking do I need to say run it over the weekend to see if it needs to cycle a few times as we are on solar now . As I was at the batteries doing all this for 3 days now . I have also synced the BMV this morning
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·
  • No this is wrong

• Ok I have cable from negative of the battery to the battery side of the shunt then another cable from same negative side of battery to bus bar then all load negatives to load side of shunt .
  • I was thinking do I need to say run it over the weekend to see if it needs to cycle a few times as we are on solar now . As I was at the batteries doing all this for 3 days now . I have also synced the BMV this morning

remove this wire

This wire goes from the load side of the shut to the bus bar

NO OTHER WIRES ARE TO BE ON THE BATTERY SIDE OF THE SHUNT

2 |3000

tetley avatar image
tetley answered ·

Right got it so now I have 1 lead from negative from the battery to the shunt battery side then a lead from the load side of shunt to the bus bar . So now this should be correct . Sorry to be a pain but electrics have me beat . I appreciate the help if ou can confirm now I have it correct thank you

2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

sounds correct, now you will have to test and see if all is correct in its operation

2 |3000

tetley avatar image
tetley answered ·

Thank You

2 |3000

tetley avatar image
tetley answered ·

Ok all wiring seems correct just not sure on the settings now 2x120 amp hour agm in parallel charging with a solar REDARC 1240 BCDC charger float voltage is 13.3v absorption is 14 .5v playing around with settings just can’t seem to get it right for it to sync automatically.

I am right to think the charged voltage should be 14.2 v and the tail current to be 1% and 3 mins Peukert 1.25 and last string 95%

Should these settings sync automatically.

Any thoughts anyone .

2 |3000