question

robmoors avatar image
robmoors asked

Setting up Victron BlueSolar MPPT 150/70 Tr No Bluetooth

I am trying to setup the Victron MPPT 150/70 tr for the first time. It is connected to the battery. The battery does have a charge of 43.5 volts. It will NOT show on my VictronConnect app. My new SmartBMV 712 battery monitor does but not the MPPT Charge controller. The bulk light is blinking. How can I get it to show on my device list? Obviously, I am not getting a bluetooth connection

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

This section of the Victron Connect Manual covers the necessary accessories required for various Victron products to connect.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#compatible_victron_products

BlueSolar chargers require the VE.direct to Bluetooth dongle.

SmartSolar chargers have Bluetooth built in.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

franckl avatar image
franckl answered ·

Hello Guy

I've got the same question. I understand your answer Guy.

I thought that the model TR was with bluetooth. So what thee difference with 150/70 TR or not TR ?

Thanks

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

The TR has screw connectors for solar input as opposed to the alternative with MC4. MC4 is typically used on connections between your solar panels.

0 Likes 0 ·