question

Ingo avatar image
Ingo asked

Feature Request: Relay Assistant to include Low/High Voltage Disconnect values when required.

Can the following feature be added to the Relay Assistant when selecting AC input either available/not available.

When programming a Relay Assistant using the AC Input criteria it only gives the option to select AC available/not available. In situations where the AC drops to below the configured AC Disconnect value of the Multi the Relay Assistant does not activate.

I've programmed, and tested, this on a basic system with no assistants. If the grid voltage drops to below the AC Disconnect value then the ACOut 2 relay disengages as per design.

I then program a Relay Assistant to do exactly the same, and selecting AC not available for 0s and AC available for 120s. The behavior, when the grid voltage drops to below the preset AC Disconnect, value is to NOT disengage the ACOut 2 relay.

*Note: On a total Grid Failure the Assistant works as designed. It's during a Brownout (below configured AC Low Disconnect value, and I suspect above the AC High Disconnect value also) that this does not work.

Some Captured Data:

1617439166204.png

1617439236075.png

*Note: The ACOut 2 Relay 'State' is wired to a Digital Input on my GX to capture state changes used in this investigation.

1617439458587.png

*Note: The 235V blue line represents the RMS value of the grid voltage, not peak value, it's only drawn there to illustrate the differences between the Grid RMS and the wave during brownout RMS value.

1617439829749.png

Assistantsfeature request
1617439166204.png (9.1 KiB)
1617439236075.png (9.5 KiB)
1617439458587.png (27.0 KiB)
1617439829749.png (2.5 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

What about just using a external contractor as your AC2 out , you can still drive that contractor using the assistants .and this may work for you

0 Likes 0 ·
Ingo avatar image Ingo Paul B commented ·

The Relay Assistant that drives 'any' relay when you've selected the AC Input criteria ignores the Multi pre set AC Low/High Disconnect values. The external contactor will then work exactly as the current AC Out 2 relay. The trigger is the problem, not the relay.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ingo avatar image Ingo commented ·

2021-05-24: I am going to Bump this feature request again.

Any indication that adding the Multi 'AC Low Disconnect' value, set in the Multi, to also be evaluated when a Relay Assistant for ACOut2 is in use is being looked at for a future FW release?

Again, in short: AC low disconnect value is not evaluated, or ignored, when using a Relay assistant.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

VEConfigure Assistants manual

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.