question

chrispendl avatar image
chrispendl asked

Generator Overrun with High AC Loads (Quattros)

I have two Quattros with a Color GX. I'm running into an issue when the generator is charging and I go to run large AC loads while the generator is charging. I get an overrun error because the Quattro tries to maintain the same charge current on top of the AC loads. Is there a way for the Quattro to reduce the charge current and pass through the power required to supply the AC loads?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
chrispendl avatar image
chrispendl answered ·

Thanks! It's set to AC2; I will do that!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@chrispendl

Is your generator on ac1 or ac2 in?

If it is ac2 (or separate ac to you main grid connection) then you can set up an assistant for it called charge current control so it will lower based on the ac input you use.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:overview_of_available_assistants

1 comment
2 |3000

chrispendl avatar image chrispendl commented ·

thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
yannick avatar image
yannick answered ·

Did you set the ac current limit on ac2? If you did the quattro should automatically lower the charge current when the ac load rises

1 comment
2 |3000

chrispendl avatar image chrispendl commented ·
I'll take a look at the config next week. Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·