question

Prospect avatar image
Prospect asked

BlueSolar charge controller 150/85 error 67

BlueSolar charge controller 150/85 Error 67 ( BMS connection lost)

I have 10000va Quattro inverter,4 x 3.5KWH Pylontech Batteries,Cerbo Gx and 2 x BlueSolar Charge controller paralleled Can bus connected with Straight UTP cable and terminated in the Cerbo and the end of the last Can bus.My inverter is running on latest firmware with the Cerbo gx and the Mppt are running on v2.03 not so sure if this may be the possible cause of this error .As soon as I energise my pv power the mppt error 67 pops up.What may be the possible causes because all my connected devices are listed on the Gx device.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Prospect

A common error the fix is in the document

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/mppt-error-codes#err_67_-_bms_connection_lost

It is because the connection to the battery bms is not working.

Is this a new install?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Prospect avatar image Prospect commented ·

It is a new installation though the Mppts are are old from standalone systems recently upgraded.

I had to put in a smartsolar charge controller mppt 250/100 to get the ball rolling .But was eager to get these 2 Mppt 150/85 to work on can bus .

According to documentation it’s unfortunate because my mppts might be pre2019’s .Meaning they are incompatible for my system setup.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

Prospect avatar image Prospect commented ·

Straight cables are from the inverter to the Cerbo and from the charge controller to the Gx device aswel.

From the battery I used VE Can to CAN-bus BMS type B Cable.

0 Likes 0 ·
Prospect avatar image
Prospect answered ·

MPPTs with a VE.Can port

New Model (2019 and later) VE.Can MPPTs are also supported from firmware version 1.06 and above. Be aware that some GX devices (e.g. CCGX) only have a single CANBus interface, and that is required for the battery communications. So if you use a new VE.Can MPPT, it must also be with a GX device that has more than one CANbus interface, e.g. the Cerbo GX.

Old model VE.Can MPPTs (pre 2019) are not supported.

I think I have figured out the problem because my mppts are pre2019.

2 |3000