question

gregbain avatar image
gregbain asked

Battery Monitor SOC using Multiplus

I have a 24/3000/70/120Multiplus and a Smart Solar 100/50CC paired with 2 Lifepo 12V 206AH batteries and a Honda 3000eu generator. My plan was to use the blue tooth function on the MPPT to monitor SOC via a iPad. It appears I need a battery monitor to properly maintain and monitor SOC with the lithium batteries. My question wth this system would one recommend the BMV 712 or the Smart Shunt 500A for battery SOC? Thank you. Cheers Greg..

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Ulrich avatar image
Ulrich answered ·

Hello Greg,

The difference between the BMV 712 and the SmartShunt is that the BMV 712 has a control panel. The SmartShunt can only be set via BlueTooth. However, the SmartShunt is the newer product.

The SmartShunt as well as the BMV 712 can communicate with each other via VE.Smart Networking (BlueTooth). The MultiPlus can also communicate via VE.Smart Networking via a VE.Bus smart dongle. Unfortunately, I do not know whether SOC will be transferred.

I hope I have helped you. If you have any questions, I'll be happy if I can help again.

greetings

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gregbain avatar image gregbain commented ·

Hi Ulrich thanks for the response. Yes I’m still looking for confirmation on SOC info. I would like to confirm if this shunt is configured with the 100/50 and connected via Bluetooth to it, than the 100/50 MPPT would have better SOC data? It appears the multi SOC function only works with a GX device which I do not intend to purchase, so I will not utilize SOC in the Multiplus.

0 Likes 0 ·
bayramcansiz avatar image
bayramcansiz answered ·

@Ulrich we are using multiplus to supply secondary supply for the critical equipment. What i mean to say is there is no connection to battery then multi itself. İn this case can you please advise some more info about the internal battery monitoring. We are using Enersys SBS40 batteries. ( 2 pcs 12VDC each ).

Regards.

2 |3000