question

busdennis avatar image
busdennis asked

MPPT charger dead

Hi Folks.

Following on from my recent thread about my Victron not charging the battery (thanks for all the help) i discovered that my Victron would only blue tooth when i had PV power and it was probably had a bad battery connection.

Ive stripped out the unit and as you can have wired it directly to my battery with the following result. even with a simple wire direct to the battery terminals my Victron is dead but works when the wire is direct to the PV connections

The internal 20a fuse has been replaced with new.

Is my unit dead before i contact Victron or am i missing something?

img-1208.jpgimg-1205.jpg

MPPT Controllers
img-1205.jpg (2.5 MiB)
img-1208.jpg (2.6 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Nev avatar image
Nev answered ·

That looks like normal operation to me?

Perhaps I am missing something but my Victron MPPT controllers are obviously powered by solar input energy and Bluetooth operation is only active in daylight. They are all but dead without solar input. Battery (output) connection alone does not power my controllers.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Very sure that all 75-15 and 100-15 mppts are powered from batteries due to the lighting capability of the load outputs.

bluesolar-mppt.png

OP needs to be sure that the battery terminals actually have voltage applied to them, test lamp or multimeter reading....

0 Likes 0 ·
bluesolar-mppt.png (8.6 KiB)