question

marrott01 avatar image
marrott01 asked

Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 parasitic draw

According to my BMV 712 the multiplus 12/3000/120 is drawing 22watts when turned on but all breakers turned off in main trailer panel so no loads are connected. I have AES turned on aswell. Is there other options go help reduce the draw?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

That seams about right. It stats 20w at zero load power and 15w for AES. If this is a mobile application and you don't need A/C power all the time, my solution is to just turn off my multi if not in use. If that's not an option, then I'm not sure of any other way to reduce the standby power.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·
2 |3000

blutow avatar image
blutow answered ·

There is a "search mode" to reduce power consumption further, but it's got some trade offs. It basically goes into a mode that wakes up every few seconds to see if something needs power and starts inverting if needed. I've never used it, but it basically sounds like an auto-on detection for the inverter. If you are OK with the lag, it sounds like it would work. There are settings for minimum watts to turn on and off at. You need ve configure to set it up.

1 comment
2 |3000

marrott01 avatar image marrott01 commented ·

Thanks for this information. I might give it a test run in search mode to see how much impact it has on functionality. I guess I thought AES was basically the search mode you have described.

0 Likes 0 ·