question

bruce-kirk avatar image
bruce-kirk asked

Erratic VE.Bus DC Voltage and Current

Hello All

A client's system has this strange behaviour when battery voltage is low.

voltage-current-inconsistency.jpg

Battery BMS voltage and current are stable but VE.Bus voltage and current are up and down like a yoyo. These two graphs should be exactly the same if I'm not mistaken. In this period of about half an hour, I received about 200 VE.Bus Low Voltage problem and recovery emails from VRM Notifier. I watched the system in realtime yesterday and saw VE.Bus DC voltage spiking as high as 60V and as low as 41V in a space of a few minutes but BMS voltage was stable.

The system is single phase consisting of a Quattro 10kVA with 24kWh Blue Nova battery and a 10kWp PV array. Conditions have been cloudy for a few days so SOC is around 50%. The system runs on ESS.

Any help will be appreciated.

VE.Bus
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

martin-van-biljon avatar image martin-van-biljon commented ·
Hi, I have the same problem on a site now.

Did you manage to find the problem?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The very first logical explanation that springs to my mind is a poor connection somewhere on the battery cables between the battery and the Quattro.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources