question

Caspar Ebner avatar image
Caspar Ebner asked

Getting current voltage with VE.Can

Hi all.

Im looking into getting the curent voltage or any momentary information on the VE.Can.

I already looked into the VE.Can registers public pdf and looked through a lot of questions here. I did not find annything on this.

My settup consist of a Lynx Shunt VE.Can a Venus GX and a Smart Shunt (I am just testing at the moment).

So far i am able to reach the registers for the historic values however it would make my work a lot easier to get values such as momentary Voltage, current and consumed Ah since i am looking into integrating these Values into another system via a Can Bus connection.

Are there any registers that would give me these informations?

Thanks

VE.Can
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Ulrich avatar image
Ulrich answered ·

I'm not sure I understand the question correctly. Is it about values that can be seen in the Victron Connect app?
There is a description of all the values to be queried here: https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/wiki/dbus
Does that help you further? Here I have shown these values with the help of Grafana: https://www.zoomsoft.de/grafana
I hope I was able to help you, if not then I did not understand the question - please excuse me.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Caspar Ebner avatar image Caspar Ebner commented ·

No worries but thank you for your answer!

I am looking to get these Values with the NMEA2000 out function on the VE.Can and read them with a Microcontroller. Thus far I am able to get the historic values and consumed Ah with a bus monitor. My problem with this is, I do find the NMEA2000 PGN for Battery-Status which would be 0x1F214 or dec 127508, but I do not know how to handle these any further with a bus monitor, or I have to switch my plans completely to NMEA2000.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic