question

Stuart Bell avatar image
Stuart Bell asked

Dropbox size reduction?

Hi - is there a way for you to try and reduce the size of the dropbox sync. I'm sure, like many of us are hitting the 3GB limit now with the firmware and product files. I only use dropbox for Victron syncing, so don't necessarily want to have to pay for extra space.

firmware update
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

Thanks - meant to ask the same. Our installer laptops all stopped syncing.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

I’ll check, thanks for the headsup! Its primarily the Venus OS images that take a lot of space.

to start, I removed the canvu file. (Almost) Nobody will ever need that and its available for download online as well.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

offgridsolutions avatar image
offgridsolutions answered ·

Hi did this ever get looked at? currently over 4GB or it it available on onedrive as a sync?

2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Yes, but its not easy to reduce. So the conclusion is that people that want the dropbox, mostly professionals, will need to pay the annual costs.

And the intention was to warn for that on the signup page, I’ll check if that was done .

3 comments
2 |3000

offgridsolutions avatar image offgridsolutions commented ·
Hi Matthijs, thanks for the answer, I am a professional but already pay for onedrive and iCloud so have one 1TB available there, is there an option for syncing to them?
0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ offgridsolutions commented ·
Hi,

No. Well, technically it would be, but its a lot of work on our side to build the sync and then also to keep it working. Also there are various requirements that we want to meet, like privacy (people having the sync should not have their email or other information exposed to other people having the sync), and so forth.

A great deal of time was spent at this file sync integration already, and this is what is now.

Sorry.

0 Likes 0 ·
steggietg avatar image steggietg commented ·

HI.

I have Noticed that my drop box is also full. I want to know if you keep using drop box is there not a way that we can only connect to a drop box with the language we need. The firmware files is small when compared to the product manuals. The product manuals is more than 2.2GB but most product guides have 6 or more Languages of witch i only use one?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic