question

mobilepower avatar image
mobilepower asked

MPPT will not go back under BMS control

I was attempting to troubleshoot my Error 67 (BMS connection lost) on both of my MPPT charge controllers and reset them into standalone mode during troubleshooting and now I can't put them back under VE.BMS control. I have tried factory resets (Victron Connect), rebooting the system, complete power down (all equipment disconnected), Quattro reconfiguring.... and I cannot find any option to put my MPPT's back under BMS control.

Please help. I need the BMS to control the charge current for my lithium batteries (and turn off if there is a problem sensed by the BMS).

My Quattros are running on the VE.BUS network. My MPPT's are connected to the CERBO via VE.DIRECT cables.

I searched other answers in the forum and couldn't find anything that worked.

Thank you in advance!

My system:

2xQuattro 5kva (48VDC-120V)

4x 200Ah Victron Smart Batteries (running at 48V)

VE.BMS

Cerbo with

2x Smart MPPTs (250/100)

Error 67 details (from MPPT error manual)

Err 67 - BMS Connection lost

The charger is configured to be controlled by a BMS, but it does not receive any control messages from a BMS. The charger stopped charging, as a safety precaution.

This Error only shows when there is solar power available and thus the Solarcharger is ready to initiate charging. It does not show at night. And in case there is a permanent problem, the error will raise in the morning and clear at night, and so forth.

Check the connection between the charger and the BMS.

How to reconfigure the charger to standalone mode

Our Chargers and Solarchargers automatically configure themselves to be BMS-controlled when they are connected to one; either direct or via a GX Device. And that setting is semi-permanent: power cycling the charger will not reset it.

Here is what needs to be done to make the charger operate in stand-alone mode again, ie. not controlled by a BMS:

• VE.Can solar chargers, go into the setup menu, and change setting ‘BMS’ from ‘Y’ to ‘N’ (setup item 31).

• VE.Direct solar chargers, reset the charger to factory defaults with VictronConnect, and then reconfigure it.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derlang avatar image
derlang answered ·

Did you receive any help?

I do have the same problem...

3x Victron MultiPlus II 5000

1x MPPT 250/100

1x Cerbo GX

1x Batrium BMS

32x 304Ah LiFePo4

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.