question

dirkmuc avatar image
dirkmuc asked

Multiplus hardwired cutoff

Hello,

Just one question. Has the Multiplus the possibility to shutdown the inverter via a hardwired input and not via CANBUS? Or is this a feature only the Quattro has? I wanted to use a outout from my BMS to switch the inverter of at an specific SOC state. Only the inverter. The charger must stay online.

Kind regards

Dirk

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Yes, this is possible.
I have a MultiPlus 3000. I use the "Two Signal BMS Support" Assistant settings from withing VE.Configure. Here you get to choose an input for a low cell condition. This has the effect of disabling discharge meaning the inverter will be disabled, but charger is not disabled.
It is also possible to set it up for two signals, where the other signal is used for high cell condition and disables charging but inverting is allowed.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dirkmuc avatar image dirkmuc commented ·

Thank you for your reply. The Multiplus has an auxiliary input? I have not seen it in the manual.

Kind regards

Dirk

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ dirkmuc commented ·

What MultiPlus do you have?
You also can use the temperature sensor input for that.

0 Likes 0 ·
dirkmuc avatar image dirkmuc Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Currently I am in the phase of setting it up. I downselected either the C12/1600/70 or the EasyPlus 1600.

As a BMS I will use the REC BMS with LiFeYPO4 cells.

0 Likes 0 ·