question

trianon avatar image
trianon asked

Multiplus II certification in Italy

Is the Multiplus certified in Italty for Anti-islanding or is an external Anti-islanding relais needed ?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

You would need to ask your local Victron dealer as they should know

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stefanob avatar image
stefanob answered ·

Hi, I had the very same question and since I couldn't find any answer online I contact Sironi Batterie in Milan, north Italy Victron local dealer.

According to Sironi Batterie Multiplus II is not certified for anti-islanding in Italy. It's nothing wrong with Multiplus or with any Victron product, it's simply not possible anymore in Italy to invert/charge from italian grid with any device even though they prove to be certified for anti-islanding. It makes no difference if an external (CEI 0-21) anti-islandind relais is plugged.

In my case I was looking at Multiplus 24/1200 to invert/charge using just one compact hardware, but Sironi told me it is not possible. So solution in my case was to purchase a Phoenix inverter and a Blue Smart IP22 charger. This way there will be no risk for islanding and should GSE perform an inspection the installation will be perfectly fine. Apparently GSE is very concerned about islanding: at the moment there are no clear hardware and software specification for italian grid.

1 comment
2 |3000

porcini avatar image porcini commented ·

Thank you for this. That are bad news as I wanted to install a 10kVA unit with ESS and external anti islanding to expand my limited monophase grid. So why are these external CEI 0-21 devices still being sold? What are they for? What I'm wondering about is you say that it isn't even possible to use the multi in "normal" mode anymore. Can someone confirm this? It is a normal load regulary...

0 Likes 0 ·