question

trianon avatar image
trianon asked

PowerAssist for 7200W induction stove

My grid connection is only 3000W (+10% for short period) but I would like the install a induction stove for cooking. Most induction stove are 7200W (+ 600W needed for the rest of the house)

Can a 8000W invertor handle this, or should I include a bigger margin ?

If not, would 2 x MultiplusII 48/5000/70-50 be an option ?

Peak power of the MultiplusII, is this when PowerAssist is on ?

Br

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ben avatar image
ben answered ·

It can handle it, if you can keep it cool. Also, your induction stove will rarely use that much power, unless you somehow turn on all of the elements to maximum at the same moment.

The peak power ratings are for inverting off the battery. PowerAssist lets the inverter supplement the shore power when it is available, and in that case the peak assist is the same value. So you could produce 3kW+8kVA if you can keep the inverter cool enough.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

I can confirm that an induction stove works well on an 8K Quattro, even without shore / grid connected.
Just make sure your battery can handle the load! You need a very big lead-acid bank or a reasonably big lithium battery to handle these loads for extended periods.

2 |3000