question

hansfab avatar image
hansfab asked

Why is Multiplus 1200VA rejecting stable AC in from the grid ?

I have seen other people asking similar questions but with no answer, so I try again here. Just finished installing my Multiplus in my camping car. While on "on" mode, the Multiplus 1200VA works fine as an inverter, it converts 12DC to 220V AC. But when switched to charger only mode, connected to a standard, grounded home plug, it refuses to take the 220v in. I can tell it tries to switch to the grid (I can here a click inside the multi), but immediately switches back to inverter mode. It's like it refuses the AC from the grid. I checked the tension and it is 224v. Any ideas ? Many thanks for your help.

Generator
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marcp72 avatar image marcp72 commented ·
I still have the same problem, Victron have reviewed the system via VRM. As the digital multi control was wired with 12v they advised it to be an installation error that has caused the fault. Now they will not honour any warranty on the item... Crazy !!
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

Usually it’s because the voltage or frequency are outside parameters

you need to check this with ve.configure

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bruces avatar image
bruces answered ·

Just for some giggles, turn dip switch 6 to off & test it?

I had a bit different problem but that fixed it.

2 |3000

marcp72 avatar image
marcp72 answered ·
Did you get a solution to this fault?
2 |3000