question

cassa avatar image
cassa asked

Which Victron regulator should I use?

Which Victron regulator should I use?

Good morning to all of you,

given the familiarity you have with photovoltaic systems, I am asking for your advice on the purchase of one or two Victron charge controllers. Why the Victrons? Because the voltage - charging voltage can be adjusted following the instructions of the battery manufacturer.

Up to now I am using a Western wrm 30 + which has created many problems for me, the recharge often exceeds 30 volts reaching the point of having to add a lot of distilled h2o monthly.

Unfortunately the battery bank (6 of 12 volts -240 Ah) 2 * 3 in series 24 volts - 720 Ah are to be thrown away!

At the moment I have a 12-piece OPZS battery bank of 2 volts - 730 Ah

equivalent to a total voltage of 24 volts - 730Ah.

As an inverter I use a Studer XPC 2400-24.

The recharge is carried out through two Panasonic panels of 330W in parallel, 58 volts (69.7 V), 11.4 Ah (12.14 Ah) and two further Panasonic 335W in parallel 59.7 volts (71V),

11.3 Ah (12.16 Ah). I am clear that I would need more power for recharging but the strict building regulations prevent me. The house is located in the mountains in a protected area without electricity.

Your advice, which type (s) of Victron charge controller should I buy? With which accessories to have a telephone control? If I use two, one per string, how are they connected together (equal charging, equalization, etc.)?

I sincerely thank you for the help you will give me and I apologize for any errors relating to the technical terminologies.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

You could use two SmartSolar 100/30. Maybe also a SmartShunt.

Read about VE.Smart Networking. Later you could add a Cerbo GX.

With a non-Victron inverter and without Internet, remote monitoring of the entire system is problematic.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.