question

Florian Michel avatar image
Florian Michel asked

Blue Smart 12/30 IP22 skipping bulk charge

Victron Lifepo4 200Ah is currently at 3.13V per cell. Expected behaviour of the charger after switching it on: It should bulk charge the battery (LiIon-Mode enabled) with up to 30A and switch to absorption charge after the battery ist almost charged completely.

What the blue smart device does instead: It bulk charges for ~2s (yes, seconds...) and switches immediately to absorption charge for the next 2 hours with ~6A (decreasing over time). So the battery is never charged to its full capacity...

All parameters in victron connect app seem to be correct. 'Charged voltage' in BMS ist set to 14.0V, blue smart charges with 14.2V. Did I get something wrong? Any suggestion are welcome.

battery chargingcharger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alex-rhys-hurn avatar image alex-rhys-hurn commented ·

i think I am seeing this too. Need to test again.

also, when in normal mode, the normal led is off, but app shows normal mode charging.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

What is the reason for it switching to Absorb stage?
Is it reaching the set value for the absorb stage? If so, that is why it switches from bulk to absorb. If this is happening too early, perhaps there is a poor connection between the charger and the battery which causes the Voltage of the charger its self to be higher than the actual battery Voltage when a charging current is flowing and so the charger senses that the absorb Voltage has been reached.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic