question

Rob Beckers avatar image
Rob Beckers asked

MultiPlus 3000 clicking / buzzing

One of our customers recently had a MultiPlus 12/3000/120 installed and he sent me a little video where a very noticeable clicking (almost buzzing) sound can be heard. Sounds a bit like a relay rapidly clicking on/off.

Video-2.mov

The customer says the sound is audible with or without a load on the MultiPlus, and the inverter works normal other than that sound.

Any ideas what could be causing this, and how to resolve it?

Thanks!

-Rob-

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
video-2.mov (799.3 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Rob Beckers

That does sound like a relay clicking on and off.

There may be a neutral and a live in the electrical system that has been mixed up, we had something similar when one of the places we did an install on got an "electrician" to fit some geyser timers in and did a lazy job.

Have you separated your neutrals?

sometimes it can be light dimmer or fan speed controls that cause that too. Depends on the design.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Beckers avatar image Rob Beckers Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Thanks for the tips Alexandra! I will get a hold of the installer and see if he can go over things.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
nikkiandjason avatar image
nikkiandjason answered ·

I just installed my MultiPlus II 12/3000/120, and having the same issue. I currently do not have my batteries attached, and only connected to shore power on a 20amp circuit. The unit is attached through an auto switch for my generator and shore power. Additionally, it’s connected to my AC panel inside the coach and appliances ARE functioning. Although, I believe the clicking rate increased as I ran the microwave, and stabilized once the microwave turned off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6d791ae4-30ee-4de7-90f4-606a64249a87.jpeg8bda50f7-7bc0-41cb-ad0b-79db064957a5.jpeg

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@NikkiandJason

The inverter is not designed to work without a battery, as it is dc based. The system is probably trying to power assist with nowhere to draw the power from.

It would be better to have a bypass switch in.

0 Likes 0 ·