question

ron-monical avatar image
ron-monical asked

split phase 50 amp multipluses in 50 amp us rv. wont pass through 50 amps

i have just installed 2 12/3000/120-50 120v ve bus multi-pluses in my RV and 1 on each leg of the incoming 50amp service. wiring is split after original transfer switch for gen and goes 1 leg to inverter L-1 and 2nd leg to L-2 all neutrals are joined together through out rig. when on, the inverters will go to overload on that inverter if the load is higher than about 1400 watts. and pulses between charge of batteries to inverting. the microwave seems able to come on with just a little inverter assist but a water heater or a space heater will not function with out the inverter that its on making a lot of noise and lights flickering. If i turn the inverters to charge only then can turn on all that i can on that leg . I have turned off virtual switch and no assistance added. override by remote is off both inverters and set at 50amps There programmed exactly alike except for switch as group is of and ground relay is off on inverter 2. on advice from dealer changed to standalone mode and no change. change all back once again to split phase 180 and have same problem wont pass through 50 amps on either leg. Which makes these kind of expensive charges. the batteries are battle born 100ah all paralleled to cooper bus bars 1/4 x1 1/2" all 4/0 cables all the same length. a/c cabling is all SO cord from transfer switch to switch box is 6/4 and 6/3 from each inverter to L-1 and L-2. I have a surge protector with display and voltage is good but of course amperage surges with the inverter going from charge to invert. Would any one have a ideal I thank dealers is about to give up on me. Thanks Ron

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ron-monical avatar image
ron-monical answered ·

I wanted to come back and add what i have found. After checking everything I could I finally updated the firm ware from 430 to 481, and have found after 4 days and trying in all situations to load the inverters the problem seems to of gone away. I have had up to 5kw+ on either leg and have had it passthrough as it should so i think that the updated firmware was the answer. Hope this helps some one. Ron

=

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.