question

matthieujacobs13 avatar image
matthieujacobs13 asked

Setting different SOC depending on AC input available

Hi,

For an installation with a 48V-5kVA quattro and backup generator, I was wondering if it is possible to set a different minimum SOC for the battery depending on the AC input available. For example in case of a grid outage I want to preferentially discharge the battery for critical loads, but if the generator is available I also want to power the second AC output using power from the generator

ESSGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Without ESS the system will attempt to keep SOC at 100% if grid is present. You can set the generator to start and stop at user-defined SOC thresholds.

With ESS, you can also set SOC thresholds for using grid power.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matthieujacobs13 avatar image matthieujacobs13 commented ·

Thanks for the answer, I understand this, but the issue is that the battery isn't powerful enough for all the loads (critical + aux) and if the generator is available I want to be able to power the auxiliary loads, but use more battery capacity than with the main grid available to reduce fuel cost and emissions

0 Likes 0 ·