question

mucwendel avatar image
mucwendel asked

How to calibrate the AC Current Sensor Zero to 0

Hallo,

I just installed everything and the system works great.

In order to read out my PV power (parallel to grid) I ordered he AC current sensor, connected it to AUX 1 and run the Assistent.

So far OK. It's displayed on the remote console and show values (tested with a 1000W heater)

DIP setting is all off (1.5kw on 230V)

But if I turn off he load, the reading is still above 80W.

Looking in the device it shows 240V 0A biu 84W ???

How to adjust the Zero Point?

screenshot-20210312-122534-chrome.jpg

Thanks for reply

Michael

Multiplus-II
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@mucwendel

The 87W is probably what the system is using to keep itself powered (self consumption).

0 Likes 0 ·
mucwendel avatar image mucwendel Alexandra ♦ commented ·

If the Sensor is laying on the table without any wire in it, it should show 0W and not 84W

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Also it takes about a to 2 days for the Multiplus/Quattro to calibrate the Zero point, so have you waited that long , without any changes to the assistants.

it should settle down in time

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mucwendel avatar image
mucwendel answered ·

Hi Paul,

is there no parameter in the system to calibrate the sensor to 0W?

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

No there is no setting that can be changed as far as I know, it will auto calibrate usually overnight when there is zero solar input, sometimes I have seen it take a few nights,

0 Likes 0 ·
hermann avatar image
hermann answered ·

I am using Acs712 sensor to measure Ac current. But the problem is I have to adjust it's zero point after every few seconds (about 50 seconds sometimes later).

The second problem is :

I am using 5V relays. so that whenever current value crosses the limit, the relay should operate. But the problem is whenever the relay operates, the sensor values automatically get change.

I am using this code to measure the current.

OneVanilla

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

The sensor to use is CSE000100000 AC Current Sensor - Single Phase max 40amps

if you are using a different sensor then I cant help you as I have no idea.

0 Likes 0 ·
njmcdirect avatar image
njmcdirect answered ·
For other types of sensor (hall sensors) zero offset has significant value and proper calibration must be performed before use. To calibrate sensor's zero offset set throttle down (cut engine) to minimize current consumption. Set proper ammeter range to get reliable measurement.

www.njmcdirect.com

2 |3000