question

butzi1965 avatar image
butzi1965 asked

Energy counter (KWh) jumps to the right day 2 hours delayed MPPT1 100/50

Dear Community,

I'm successfully using a MMPT 100/50 but since I diconnected the battery for a couple hours (maintance reason) the KWh counter doesn't start a new day in the morning when the sun shines. Finally it will be corrected around 10 am. I don't have any idea why. Also, I did reset the counter already twice.

Appreciate your help

Lothar

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

Did you disconnect the PV array before disconnecting the battery?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
butzi1965 avatar image
butzi1965 answered ·

Yes, I did.

First I did disconnect the solar power input before I disconnected the battery finally. But this was done in a minute.

After the upgrade of my system (Battey Power Enhancement - approx. 2 hours) I did first connect the battery to MMPT and the solar panel immediately after.

The above mentioned procedures (in both directons) meets the technical specification in order to avoid MMPT destructions, doesn't it?

Sincerly

Lothar

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Maybe disconnect it again (first from PV, then from the battery), wait a few minutes and connect it back (first the battery). The purpose of this is to reset the solar charger.

Also check all connections, fuses, switches.

The above mentioned procedures (in both directons) meets the technical specification in order to avoid MMPT destructions, doesn't it?

Yes.

Disconnecting just the battery might not always damage the solar charger, but it is better to avoid doing that.

0 Likes 0 ·
butzi1965 avatar image
butzi1965 answered ·

I'm guessing that the MMPT gets alignend with my mobile phone as soon as I start the APP regarding day and time. I also did check the APP setting in terms of accesses to e.g. location etc.

Actually, I'm technically competent but at the moment I do not have any clue.

By the way, my victron prodcts are great and I'm really satisfied.

MMPT 100/50

Smart Battery Protect

Battery Balncer

Filax 2

1 comment
2 |3000

From what I read, the solar chargers don't have an internal clock. They base the day/night cycle on the solar panels input.

So the date is only on VictronConnect.

0 Likes 0 ·