question

chris-ebsworth avatar image
chris-ebsworth asked

AC1 Current Limit not updating

AC 1 Input current value not updating.

I have changed to 20A via VeConnect and uploaded the config file via Victron Connect with no errors but limit remains at 16A

Quattro 12/5000/220 Firmware 430

CCGX FW v2.36

DMC

VeConfig Ver 90.04.223

Any suggestions would be appreciated

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

Use victron connect and update the inverter firmware.

And update all the other system components.

Also check if it is overruled by remote and then see what it is set on the ccgx as.

https://docs.victronenergy.com/performing_system_check.html#firmware

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chris-ebsworth avatar image chris-ebsworth commented ·

Hi my ccgx firmware is the latest 2.63 (2.36 was a typing error) but the current limit is still stuck at 16A.

If the VEconfig is uploaded via Victron Connect with the Quattro turned off (via the multi control) then the updated current limit is shown on the ccgx i.e. 20A

However when the multi control is switched back on it displays 16 and the CCGX display reverts to 16 ?????

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ chris-ebsworth commented ·

@chris-ebsworth

It is possible the quattro is set to have a 16A current limit in its own internal programme. you can check it over remote vrm if you do not have an mk3.

The quattro is not quite up-to-date. If i am not mistaken i think the firmware version is at 470 or so.

back up your settings in ve config so you can reload them if you do the firmware update with the mk3 adaptor.

0 Likes 0 ·
chris-ebsworth avatar image chris-ebsworth Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Alexandra, thank you for replying. I have hunted through the manuals to see how to view the Quattro settings through VRM without success.

I can see it in the device list and see its product ID and firmware etc but as for seeing its internal parameters then ????

Cheers

Chris Ebsworth

0 Likes 0 ·