question

macca61 avatar image
macca61 asked

Schematics software

Hi I am answering my own question really , i asked about software for doing schematics, i have downloaded Smartdraw and must admit it looks nearly as good as the Victron ones albeit i have had to download images of the components from the web and they are not always that good but with a bit of messing about not too bad at all.

schematics
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rafael1968 avatar image rafael1968 commented ·
Hello. Have you had any response to that cuestion? I am looking for it too. It will be very interesting to pre-desing all the units connected before doing the instalation.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Macca61

Nice!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

For basic schematics of the type people seem to be producing for Victron systems, I use Bluebeam Revu. Its a pdf editing software using the WYSIWYG format. I create all my 'stamps' in advance to allow quick selection of system component images, then use the software to add lines and symbols where required. I've been using it for 10 ears now for basic stuff.

2 |3000

msg43 avatar image
msg43 answered ·

Similar to @Jason - UK I recently realized that I can download various Victron schematics (https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/systems)

and then just open the PDFs on my PC (Foxit PDF Editor) and edit them like a regular document.

I am using that to essentially "cut and paste" my way to a system diagram that matches my boat. Hope that helps.

2 |3000

klandos avatar image
klandos answered ·

Have a look at draw.io

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic