question

kiap avatar image
kiap asked

Version 1.37 firmware upgrade issue - resolved

I tried to upgrade my mppt 250/85 mc4 to the latest version using my phone and the Victron connect app. The update failed for some unkown reason and now all i have is flashing Absorb and Float leds. If i try again the app connects but the update fails at 10% and times out. Any suggestions on a fix?

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
kiap avatar image
kiap answered ·

Hold everything, tried my wifes phone all good now. Cant beat Sony phones.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi; good to hear it worked out!

what phone did you try first; and if possible let me know what Android (?) version it had; thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi Kiap,

Have you run through the Victron Connect Firmware update troubleshooting steps in this manual?

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#problems_during_firmware_updating

2 |3000

kiap avatar image
kiap answered ·

Hi Guy yes tried all those. No luck. Do Victron service agents have the ability to put the the unit on a test bench and give me a diagnosis? I live in SE Qld.

2 |3000

kiap avatar image
kiap answered ·

First tried Samsung Galaxy Note 9 latest Telstra Android Pie. It was fine on the last upgrade when it was on Oreo. Fine now using the connect app. Frustrating but I still love my Victron products.

2 |3000

Bill avatar image
Bill answered ·

Someone might want to edit the subject to add "Resolved".. :)

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

done; thanks.

@Kiap; thank you for the complete report. We'll look into it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic