question

vbdaniel avatar image
vbdaniel asked

Multiplus II Auxiliary power supply 12 V 100 mA

Hi everyone. First post here. I searched for quite some time, but couldn't find an answer.

I have an Multiplus II 48/5000/70-50 working fine as an ongrid system. Just one small problem:

There is no power on the "Auxiliary power supply 12 V 100 mA" (Terminal J). Is there a fuse (wich could have blown, though there was never any load connected) or any action nedded to activate the power?

I appriciate any help!

Thank you

Daniel

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

patrik-trestik avatar image patrik-trestik commented ·
Hi. Did anyone solved the problem? I need to connect 12V device and makes no sense to connect 230V power supply if we have DC ready in Multiplus.
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
1234enough avatar image
1234enough answered ·

Along the same lines as above, I'm looking to use the 12v 100ma auxiliary supply on multiplus-ii gx 48v for auxiliary 12v item, have searched manual and can not see where the negative is for this - is it the battery negative?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1234enough avatar image 1234enough commented ·
Can anyone confirm the negative connection for the 12v auxiliary power supply on multiplus-ii 48v, can not find an answer anywhere
0 Likes 0 ·
1234enough avatar image
1234enough answered ·

I've been using the aux 12v for powering temp control module(rated at 65ma ) for some time, negative is battery negative - well it works for me.

1 comment
2 |3000

andrew-leversha avatar image andrew-leversha commented ·
Hi, I’m looking at doing the same thing with a small computer fan to cool my charge controllers down. Did you program this straight from AUX 12V or do you need to run this supply through the NC/C/NO relay terminals? I’m hoping to just run the fan during peak operating hours say 10am-4pm. Is this possible through inverter or do you need an external timer as well?
0 Likes 0 ·
1234enough avatar image
1234enough answered ·

I used the 12v aux power supply for power only, this is permanently live.

Aux relay- I did not use for this purpose, aux relay can be controlled by assistants, can't recall all the parameters - have a look on victron app and see possible parameters, only affects anything if you upload to inverter.

I used temp controler module(ebay under £5) to control fans - this is on permanently using approx 30ma in standby supplied from aux 12v power supply, this only activates fans if temp of supplied NTC sensor is greater than xx / switches off at xx / stays on for xx time ect ect, relay on controler can switch up to 240v.

Can't see why you would have fans on at time set only, if controllers are not working hard due to cloud, fans would be on for no reason.

Remember 12v aux power supply is rated at 100ma only - may vary - check spec of what you have.

1 comment
2 |3000

andrew-leversha avatar image andrew-leversha commented ·
Yeah, thanks. I understand what you’ve done and realise that it’s better than what I’m going for but I live in Vanuatu and ordering things online isn’t as easy it is for most. The charge controller is in a cabinet and noise won’t be an issue so it doesn’t make a difference if it’s running when it doesn’t need to and 8 hours of 100mA at 12V is a massive draw of 9.6Wh. I believe it will be fairly simple to just route the 12v through the programmable relay. Will let you know how it goes. And the negative of the fan is being pulled from the 48v battery bus hasn’t been an issue for you?

Cheers!

0 Likes 0 ·