question

paddy1969 avatar image
paddy1969 asked

SmartSolar 100/20 Load Momentarily Disconnecting.

I have the above solar controller. My caravan is connected to the load, the most I've had on the load is 10amps, so it's not that causing the disconnection BUT.......

When the sun fades and the input from the PV drops, the charger switches off, at this point the load is switched of for a split second and reconnected, it does this every day.

I've just downloaded the latest App for Android, and I've installed the latest firmware for the 100/20.

The problem I have is, when the disconnection/connection occurs, all my lights in my RV come on, so if I'm not there, I'll end up with flat batteries, and if I have to disconnect my battery when I'm away, what's the point of having solar as it won't charge a disconnected battery.

I live in my caravan, so I'm here most nights, to sort the problem out, I thought I was Upgrading when I put this controller in as I only had a PWM controller, wired the same, but this controller seems to be a step back for me.

Can someone from Victron please sort this out for me?

Regards,

Paddy

MPPT Controllers
14 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi,

Just to be sure, you still have the problem with the latest firmware? The latest firmware version is v1.54. This version specifically fixes a problem with the load output shutting off briefly.

If so, can you store the settings of the SmartSolar in VictronConnect and post the settings file here?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
paddy1969 avatar image paddy1969 Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

Hi,

Ok my charge controller worked ok for 2 days, now it's back to doing it again.

How do I create a file to post here?

Regards,

Paddy

0 Likes 0 ·
paddy1969 avatar image paddy1969 Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
paddy1969 avatar image paddy1969 paddy1969 commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ paddy1969 commented ·

Hi,

The settings file and service report are on a google drive that I do not have access to.

Can you please attach the files to an answer here, by using the "upload file" button in the editing toolbar?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

@Thiemo van Engelen

I'm using this on my mobile phone, where are these links you speak of?

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ paddy1969 commented ·

screenshot-20210308-111045-samsung-internet.jpg

The paper icon circled in red can be used to upload/attach files to a post.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

This is really testing my patients, I click on the paper icon, then what?

Just sell a product that's supposed to do what you say it does?

It's really pissing me off

0 Likes 0 ·

Try again

0 Likes 0 ·

now what?screenshot-20210308-213632-android-system.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi,

So I got the file. I see that the load output is configured for "Always on". Did you always have it configured like this? If not, do you see the problem when it is configured for "Always on"?

And do you still have the black jumper installed in the VE.Direct port (underneath the fuse)?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

@Thiemo van Engelen.

Yes, I've also had it on battery life algorithm too, but it keeps doing it.

The jumper is currently on pins 1 and 2, I've also had it on 2 and 3, and also taken it out and it still does it.

Nothing I do seems to work.

Regards,

Paddy1969

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi,

I forwarded the issue to our developers and they will be looking into the issue.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi, any news on this problem?

It's still doing it, so the problem hasn't been solved by the firmware update.

Really need this sorting out ASAP.

THANKS

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
paddy1969 avatar image
paddy1969 answered ·

Hi Thiemo van Engelen,

Thank you for your reply, I found a similar thread after posting this question and I downloaded the beta v1.54 for Android and it didn't do it today.

I only installed my controller 9 days ago, it came up with a firmware update, which I did, and the problem started that evening, that's why I thought It was the latest version, because when i went into settings, it said i was running the latest version.

I'll see how it goes with the beta firmware, and if it does it again I'll post my settings file here.

Once again, thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Paddy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

This problem should be solved with MPPT firmware version 1.56, included in VictronConnect version v5.40. Can you please test and confirm that it is now indeed solved?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000