question

peter-watson avatar image
peter-watson asked

which firmware should I update to

We have 3 24v 5000 120amp MultiPlus Victron units working with one master and two slaves

One unit is younger than the other two (it’s the one acting as the master)

We wanted to update to be able to use the VE connect windows application or the app on a I pad as at present the maretron state of charge does not work (it never has on any of the FPB boats).

So we were hoping to put VE connect or the BMV software on the helm computer.

So I downloaded the original configuration of the 3 units and saved it.

Then I updated each units firmware:

Codes on processors:

2614413 Master (went to the professional Victron site and downloaded unit multiplus 400 folder 2614481.vff) this seems to be working on this running as a single unit.

2614155 Slave downloaded under the 100 folder 2614159.vff

2614155 Slave as above

After installing this firmware I tried to reload the configuration file (the original one which makes the units talk with each other but the software complained that its could not see the slaves.

The slaves do not seem to be working.

? have I up loaded the wrong firmware? Which firmware should I upload?

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You should run the same firmware on all of your units.
The firmware number is made up of three parts xxyyzzz. xx and yy will always be the same.
26 = 240V models
14 = MultiPlus 24 / 5000 /120

zzz is the number that increases with newer firmware.
You master unit was most likely shipped with a 400 firmware while the other two shipped with 100 firmware. 100, 200 and 400 firmware have different capabilities, but your units can run each of these.
So update all of your units to 2614481, that should solve your problem.

Here is a document which explains the firmware numbering system:
https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/manual-VE.Bus-firmware-versions-explained-EN.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic