question

Gordon Scriba avatar image
Gordon Scriba asked

MultiPlus firmware update and ship shore power supply

Getting ready to update the firmware on my Multiplus 12/3000 installed on a shore power connected sailboat. The ships computer will be performing the update, but is powered by the shore power or via the inverter. While updating the Multiplus, will my vessel loss shore power and thus power to the ship computer during the firmware update?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @gscriba

You won't lose power while the firmware loads, but you will when it reboots at the end. That won't prevent the update, and it should fire up refreshed with new firmware.

I'm not actually certain what happens with shore power being passed through, but I'd expect to lose that too.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Yes, the AC output of the Multi will go down during the reset. You won't have any control over timing so you might want to plan uninterrupted power for your computer during the update. For example, an extension cord to shore power or a small UPS.

2 |3000