question

pmikep avatar image
pmikep asked

Reinstated: Bug in Mutliplus AC Input Control? (v481)

Sorry to flip-flop on this report. I let my Multiplus cycle through two AC Input Control cycles, and the problem persists.

The problem is that the AC Input Control is not respecting the voltage trigger that I set, as you can see in this short video. https://streamable.com/u8muvp

Update: It occurs to me that perhaps the problem here is that the Mulitplus had been triggered to turn AC Input On until Bulk Charge was reached. But after that process started, my AC Timer turned off the power to the Multiplus. If so, then it is probably simply tryng to finish the last cycle that it had started.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
11 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

The link is not working for me.

0 Likes 0 ·
pmikep avatar image pmikep Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

It's working for me. Perhaps a Region thing if you're in Deutschland.

But, per my Edit, this might not be a problem/bug.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 pmikep commented ·

The link to the video does not work.

I tried 3 browsers.

0 Likes 0 ·
pmikep avatar image pmikep seb71 commented ·

Hmm... maybe Victron is blocking it?

Moot now, but streamable.com/u8muvp

0 Likes 0 ·

That link works.

Let me see if I can link it.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 seb71 commented ·

My link works for me.

Can you test it if it opens for you?

0 Likes 0 ·
pmikep avatar image pmikep seb71 commented ·

Yep, your link works for me. I wonder what I did wrong?

0 Likes 0 ·

When you insert the link, do you include the http(s) part?

Test with.

Test without.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 seb71 commented ·

Ah. It's not that.

Both work.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Ok we have enough working links now but no solution to the actual problem :)

0 Likes 0 ·
pmikep avatar image pmikep commented ·

What I've learned from this is that the AC Input Control stays in the same state that it was in regardless of whether AC IN 1 is interrupted or not.

For example, you set the AC Input Control to connect at 26 V (on a 24 V system). You set it to disconnect after Bulk is finished. But you have a timer on the Multiplus that disconnects AC IN 1 in the morning (at the beginning of solar charging). As the day goes on, the batteries charge up. to near bulk cutoff voltage, say 28.7 V. And 28.7 V is > 26 V.

But at night, when your timer reconnects the Multiplus, the Mulitplus will continue to charge (even though 28.7 > 26) because it never finished getting to bulk when it started the cycle. Which you might not want it to do, if you're trying to minimize grid usage.

So instead, I suggest that, whenever AC IN 1 to the Multiplus is interrupted, the software re-checks the connect parameter of the AC Input Contol when AC IN 1 comes back on line, and uses the new parameter to determine whether AC Input Control should connect or not.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Try to make a full cycle.

Let the Multi charge until it disconnects the input and than pull down the DC voltage until the switch on threshold is reached.
(but don't disconnect the AC input physically)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pmikep avatar image pmikep commented ·

I think that you are correct and that I got caught in mid-cycle. I'll have more data tomorrow. Tnx.

0 Likes 0 ·