question

monza avatar image
monza asked

Victron Orion 24/12 12V Power Feedback when isolated.

I have a 24V circuit charging a 12V battery which works fine. But If I isolate the 24V circuit power supply, the input side of the Orion (and the rest of the 24V circuit) becomes powered from the 12V battery. The 24V and 12V circuits have a common ground.

Is this behaviour normal? How do I prevent it?

Orion DC-DC Converters not smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
steyreo avatar image
steyreo answered ·

Did you figure this out? This is the situation I am trying to attain!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Orions are one way. The situation described by @monza is as expected.

2 |3000

jessiejim1 avatar image
jessiejim1 answered ·

This behavior is not normal and is likely due to a backfeeding issue. You can prevent it by installing a diode between the 24V circuit and the Orion input, ensuring that the diode's anode is connected to the 24V circuit and its cathode is connected to the Orion input. This will prevent backfeeding and ensure proper isolation between the two circuits.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic