question

walth avatar image
walth asked

How to connect BMV-712 to four lithium batteries wired in parallel

I have four 100ah lithium batteries that I plan to wire in parallel, and I would like to be able to monitor them (at least charge status) with my BMV-712 monitor. After searching through some of the posts here and also trying to look through the manual and quick installation guide, the answer is no clearer to me. I'm having an auto electric shop relocate the batteries on our RV so all four of them reside in the same compartment, but I'm not sure how or where to wire the monitor. Thanks for the help.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

The shunt should be placed between the common minus point of all 4 batteries and the minus wires from everything else (charger, inverter, etc.).

It's recommended to use busbars. In this case, the negative busbar will have two pieces (two negative busbar sections). On one piece you will have the 4 wires from the 4 negative posts from your batteries. On the other piece of the negative busbar you will have the negative wires from charger, from inverter, etc. The shunt will connect these two negative busbars together (batteries on "battery" side of the shunt).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.