question

shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake asked

Multiplus Programmable Relay Assistant control AC IN relay

Hello,

Can you please add the AC input relay to the Programmable Relay Assistant? or at least a discount from AC Flag.

There are several cases where this is helpful. I currently have an inverter that is behind an automatic transfer switch with a generator, the inverter is a few SUB DBs down from the transfer switch, I don't want the inverters to run off the generators as this tends to trip then into overload. It would be nice if I could just install a signal cable onto AUX1 that tells the inverter to discount from grid when on generator.

The second case is when we have very bad grid I would like to discount inverters from AC till the grid stabilizes if we don't the inverter goes into Overload due to LOM detection. I have a PLC that can signal AUX1 when this happens. right now it looks like our only option is to install about $400 in Contactors to make this work but it is painful since the inverter could just do it.

Thanks,

Shane

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

You can already control the AC input relay (open the relay to ignore AC input) based on the state of an AUX input.

To do this:

• Use 2 programmable relay assistants (one for on and another for off) to control the state of the general flag, based on the state of the selected AUX input.
  • Use a general flag user assistant to Ignore AC input, based on the state of the general flag.

8002-1581770819586.png

And in case you don't already know: you need to use a MK3 to USB adaptor and VE.Configure software to program these assistants.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·

Thank you so much.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you Mark. I did not know this was possible. I did not think about using the general flag for this.
I have learned something new today.

0 Likes 0 ·