question

shaneyake avatar image

Multiplus Programmable Relay Assistant control AC IN relay

Hello,

Can you please add the AC input relay to the Programmable Relay Assistant? or at least a discount from AC Flag.

There are several cases where this is helpful. I currently have an inverter that is behind an automatic transfer switch with a generator, the inverter is a few SUB DBs down from the transfer switch, I don't want the inverters to run off the generators as this tends to trip then into overload. It would be nice if I could just install a signal cable onto AUX1 that tells the inverter to discount from grid when on generator.

The second case is when we have very bad grid I would like to discount inverters from AC till the grid stabilizes if we don't the inverter goes into Overload due to LOM detection. I have a PLC that can signal AUX1 when this happens. right now it looks like our only option is to install about $400 in Contactors to make this work but it is painful since the inverter could just do it.

Thanks,

Shane

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

You can already control the AC input relay (open the relay to ignore AC input) based on the state of an AUX input.

To do this:

• Use 2 programmable relay assistants (one for on and another for off) to control the state of the general flag, based on the state of the selected AUX input.
  • Use a general flag user assistant to Ignore AC input, based on the state of the general flag.

8002-1581770819586.png

And in case you don't already know: you need to use a MK3 to USB adaptor and VE.Configure software to program these assistants.

2 comments
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thank you so much.

Thank you Mark. I did not know this was possible. I did not think about using the general flag for this.
I have learned something new today.