question

robert-larsson avatar image
robert-larsson asked

I hav a permanent Power consumption of 40 Watt 230Volt AC on my Boad.How much amp will a Multi plus 24/3000/70-50 need from the batteryes to produce the AC Power? And How much amp will a Phoenix 24/250 need from the batteries to produce the AC Power?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

30-40 is pretty normal for a 3000VA Inverter.
The small Phoenix will need 2-3W.

The idle power consumption can be reduced by using one of the AES settings of the Inverter.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

With only 40W of AC load, the inverter power draw from the battery will be close to inverter's "zero load power" + about 45W.

Current [A] = Power [W] / Voltage [V]

You can find the inverter's zero load power draw in the datasheets.

2 |3000

robert-larsson answered ·

Thank You for your answers. To summ up you mean it makes sense to have a second small inverter(for permanent user like a freeser) to save Battery power. And in addition I can use the AES settings of the Phoenix 24 250 to reduce power consumption even more .

2 comments
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

The small inverter might not be able to deal with the current surge when the fridge compressor starts.

AES is mostly used to reduce the inverter power draw when there are periods with no loads.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Electronic thermostat's dont work to well with AES.

0 Likes 0 ·

The fridge use 30 Watt and the Phoenix 250 can deliver a Peak power of 400 Watt should`n that be suffisient?

5 comments
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

No. The starting power required for refrigeration is mind breaking.

I have a FF that draws 55w @ 230v. My BMV tells me that it peaks at 80a @ 12v.... like 1000w....

Take your fridge with you when you go inverter shopping.. No start, no buy..

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

Instead of a second inverter and an 230V AC fridge, maybe look into buying a 24V DC fridge.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ seb71 commented ·

I really looked into this extensively.

I could buy a 12/24v FF (fridge/freezer) for $XXXX.

I could buy a 230v FF @ $X (quarter cost) and use the extra $ to improve my battery/inverter capacity.

Should my 230v FF die prematurely, there are literally a handful of different branded/same sized units that can be installed without hassle.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Yeah, they are expensive. But the cost might be justified for a boat.

For using in a house, most likelly not.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ seb71 commented ·

I am mobile, so fuel to shift location comes into play.

The difference between the energy consumption/ FF volume (storage) comes into play.

I had a nice new 85L FF. I dumped it in favor of a 216L FF.

The larger 216L FF had over twice the storage volume, whilst using less energy, and giving me twice the time before having to move on.

TCO.

0 Likes 0 ·

I agree 24 volt freezer is not an option

2 |3000