question

shinobi2233 avatar image
shinobi2233 asked

MultiPlus 3000 Low Battery Light On When Battery is Fully Charged

We have a MultiPlus 3000 connected to 2x100amp hour batteries via 2/0 cabling. The DC Voltage at the battery terminal on the MultiPlus reads 13.6vDC (i.e, full battery), however when we turn the MultiPlus on, the Low Battery light turns on (static, not blinking). Why is this?

Multiplus-II
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

New inverter?

Did it work before?

Besides the "Low battery" LED, all other LEDs are off?

0 Likes 0 ·
shinobi2233 avatar image shinobi2233 seb71 commented ·

New inverter. Just connected everything. Yes, all other LEDs are off.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Jmarc avatar image
Jmarc answered ·

Have you checked the battery parameters?

Also I know it may sound silly, is the unit a 12v unit? Had similar issue when someone decided to use a 48v quattro with a 12v battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marvs avatar image
marvs answered ·

Did you review all of the MultiPlus’s settings? I think there is a low voltage detect setting that not only includes the voltage, but how long it needs to be present to declare a low voltage state it sounds like one or both of these settings is incorrect. If the voltage setting is correct, try increasing the time for the detection to a 2-3 minutes.

2 |3000

sv-kesh avatar image
sv-kesh answered ·

Were you able to resolve the low battery light issue? I’m having the same issue.

4 comments
2 |3000

mzoukas avatar image mzoukas commented ·
Same here, by chance were you able to figure out your issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw mzoukas commented ·

Things that jump to mind are a battery bank that is too small, LA batteries that may have a problem and the voltage drops substantially when in use and under load, less than optimal settings for the particular battery, bad connections or voltage drop over long cables etc. What do the voltage measure at the battery and inverter when this happens?

0 Likes 0 ·
mzoukas avatar image mzoukas ejrossouw commented ·

Ive got 2 Battleborn GC3s connected in parallel. so I have 540ah. batteries have been tested and are good. the multimeter was reading 13.2 volts consistently. connections are all tight and my longest wire is no more than 3ft using 4/0 wire.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw mzoukas commented ·

Do you have a mk3 dongle or other means e.g. vrm to see what the MP II measures? This can help determine if it is a faulty internal sensor. What are the settings on the inverter?

0 Likes 0 ·