question

pandjb avatar image
pandjb asked

Very basic question about the Multiplus 12/1200/50

Apologies for how basic a question this is.

I am wanting to build a basic system for my Euro6 Sprinter, using Victron products.

Alternator/mains/solar charging with solar taking priority, with around 1kW usable AC power from an inverter when not connected to the mains.

50 A DC DC converter

100Ahr Lithium high current battery with built in BMS

Victron multiplus 12/1200/50

BMV712

MPPT 75/15 solar charger

Cyrix Li Charge 12/24V 120A smart relay

150A mega fuse

Battery isolation switch

I have found a schematic for this online, but it has a smart battery and a VE.bus BMS.

My question is, does the Multiplus need a smart battery with an external BMS, or will the Victron battery with the built in BMS work?

P.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ddickov avatar image
ddickov answered ·

Hi there if it’s a victron battery you are purchasing the BMS that is factory installed will work fine just be sure to get the data sheet for the battery and set the parameters as per the information, victron mppts also have a charge profile you can load for there batteries. This will ensure the correct charging parameters are correct thanks David

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.