question

Andrey avatar image
Andrey asked

Doesn't set Feed-in limiting active

Hi Victron community!

I try to set ESS with Venus GX, Multiplus II 48/5000 and Fronius Primo 5.0-1.

I made the settings described in the documentation, but Feed-in limiting active shows No.

If switch on "Data export via modbus - tcp" in Fronius that in remote console in Fronius / Device/ Connection solarapi changed to sunspec and appeared string"Zero feed-in power limit 5000W".

So I guess that Venus GX connected with Fronius via Modbus.

And I noticed when in Fronius switch on "Inverter control via Modbus" than in remote console in Fronius/ Status changed from "Running (MPPT)" to "Running (Throttled)".

But in any case, Feed-in limiting active is No.

What could be the matter?

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi (sorry can't tag your name)

How much is actual feed-in to the grid? is it limited to 1000W as you set the limit to?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Andrey avatar image Andrey commented ·

Our regulations prohibit feed-in. I made 1000 watts, for example, to see if this setting affects to set Feed-in limiting active in Yes. It doesn't matter what the limit is. I have not connected the multiplus to the grid while the ESS will not work.

Could you please explain to me what conditions must be met for Feed-in limiting active to switch to Yes?

0 Likes 0 ·
Andrey avatar image Andrey Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

I have checked, the Fronius is set to sunspec: int+SF.

In remote console there is string

1613630465004.png

Does it make sense to update a firmware of the MultiPlus from 459 to 481?

0 Likes 0 ·
CristiMV avatar image
CristiMV answered ·

Are you sure you have the right setting on Fronius side?fronius-modbus.jpg

fronius-modbus.jpg (37.3 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Andrey avatar image Andrey commented ·

Yes, I am sore

1613593764381.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1613593764381.png (52.4 KiB)
josephm avatar image
josephm answered ·

Hi !

I'm facing same issue when the grid is lost, connect it to the the grid and you will see it turning to ON, I don't know why and almost burn my batteries when the grid went off and I realized it 2 days after :(

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic