question

e-box avatar image
e-box asked

show complete date (dd.mm.yy) for question posted

Hi,

I would find it helpfull to see the complete date of a posting / question in this nice community portal. Usually there is only displayed the month and the day. Could you please add the YEAR?

victron community
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Probably a good point to have dates standardized.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

I agree the date logic is really weird, sometimes you do see the year, but not always.

I'll look into why that is and if I can fix it.

4 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

The year is shown if the post is more than one year old.

So today is Feb 16 '21 -> a post from Feb 17 '20 will be shown as "Feb 17" until tomorrow and tomorrow the same post will be shown as "Feb 17 '20".

I hope that makes some kind of sense. :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Here is the cut off (as of right now) -https://community.victronenergy.com/spaces/8/default.html?page=240&pageSize=30&sort=active

Do you think this 'only show the year when older than a year' behaviour makes sense @Matthias Lange - DE ?

I have been caught out myself, because some posts come back from over a year ago, and then it's quite confusing when you see 4 posts in Feb and some have years and some don't.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Change it so that it always displays the full date (including the year).

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic