question

martyduke avatar image
martyduke asked

Bluetooth App Problem

After drawing my battery down to 70% in our RV, I started the generator, and could see, on my Note 20 Android, that our power unit was putting 8 amps into the battery, but the indicator graphic on the app went immediately from 70% to 100% even though the battery had just started getting replenished. The shunt is between the negative post and ground.

VictronConnect
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @martyduke,

more info required in order to give help.

• What's the app you're talking about?
  • Do you have a BMV or Smart Shunt and if yes, what are the settings look like?
  • What type of battery (voltage, chemistry, brand)?
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
martyduke avatar image
martyduke answered ·

Hi Stefanie, I have two 6 volt wet acid golf cart batteries in series. Here is the other info.

Marty

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4Q1Cd5QmC7uSzufv8

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@martyduke,

you can change "charged voltage" in the Smart Shunt setting to something like 14.2V or 0.2V below the absorption voltage the charger/generator is set to. This will prevent the Smart Shunt to synchronise to 100% too early.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic