question

Hans avatar image
Hans asked

Unable to do Firmware Update from 2.56 to 2.62 on a Cerbo GX. Any ideas WHY and WHAT TO DO?

I am very new to Victron equipment, so I’m on the steep (vertical) part of the learning curve. I am also technologically challenged. I tried to update the firmware on my Cerbo GX from v2.50 to v2.62. The Touch Screen gave me this option. After reading “installing update 2.62” and appearing to do nothing for about 15 minutes, the screen read “Error during update” or something like that. Now I can’t even get it to attempt an update. I am using a WIFI Ranger Sky Pro modem in my Class A motorhome and am very close to a friend’s in-house modem. Any suggestions as to why the update failed and what to do to get the update?

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Hans

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/firmware-updates.html

It can be done from usb or micro sd. The download link for the stable last version is available on the linked page.

The next thing is the system does not need to be updated all the time, I usually disable the updates once I have a stable working system, unless there are new features you want. I have found the old adage to be true, 'don't fix it if it ain't broke'.

The update can fail with an unstable internet connection or a file corruption issue when downloading.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hans avatar image Hans commented ·

I’m pretty sure that my problem was a weak and unstable internet connection through my modem. I may try again when I have a better signal. Thanks for the ideas.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic