question

michael20x5 avatar image
michael20x5 asked

BMV-712 Consumed AH Wrong - Changes

I have a BMV-712, I recently performed the latest update and even though I was next to the unit, it failed. I lost AH consumed for a day and it eventually came back. It reported as 0 and after charging it seemed ok.

Then odd things have started to happen, the ah consumed was showing say 250 and when on charge, this dropped to 180 and the voltage was high enough to indicate that the batteries were almost fully charged, I carried on charging until the current going into the batteries was uneconomical to continue at 10A (24v tubular batteries). I adjusted the SOC to show 98% which seemed realistic.

A few days later and now it is showing that I have consumed 260ah and the voltage of the batteries is high enough to show that the battery is Almost charged, the solar has gone into absorption. Normally with a fully charged battery it does this at 85ah consumed.

I really cannot trust my BMV right now. Will a reset work? I cannot see in the settings how to do this.

I really do not want to loose all of my data stored on the BMV. What can I do?

BMV Battery Monitor
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·
I cannot see in the settings how to do this.

In VictronConnect go to that device, then go to settings (cog icon), then tap/click on those 3 dots and you will see "reset to defaults".

0 Likes 0 ·
michael20x5 avatar image michael20x5 seb71 commented ·

Thanks for that. I don’t think resetting all settings to default is going to work. I’m wanting a device reset/restore as the firmware update called during the install.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 michael20x5 commented ·

I did not said it will solve your issue. I just answered that specific question.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers