question

zuzullo avatar image
zuzullo asked

BMV712 residual current after new Firmware Update

See video attached:

Before the update, when I switched off my battery, the BMV712 use to show 0Amps being withdraw from the battery.
This week I have updated the firmware to the latest one and now its showing Amps moving in both directions and in a very weird pattern.
I have no solar and the boat is not connected to shore. How can the BMV show that the battery is charging??? Everything worked well for the last 2years.
How can I downgrade my the firmware to the previous version?
What you see on the video is happening with the main battery switch off.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
marc-de-montreal avatar image
marc-de-montreal answered ·

hi, your video is not available.. i’m curious too about how to downgrade firmware (because the newer may have bugs).. why have you updated?

Marc

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

The video works if you download it.

0 Likes 0 ·
zuzullo avatar image
zuzullo answered ·

The app asked if i wanted to upgrade the firmware and so I did :/
Its very strange! Wonder if its a bug.
PS: The video seems to work fine here

1 comment
2 |3000

The embeded video works in Chrome and in Edge, but not in Firefox.

0 Likes 0 ·
zuzullo avatar image
zuzullo answered ·

also, after using 50a out of 100amp from the Lithium battery and then plugin the multiplus 12/800/35A to charge, (which is charging at ~29A); 30min later the BMV712 says battery fully charged. While the Multiplus continued to charge for at least another hour until it stopped - which is correct. I have been through settings but everything seems fine there.
What is wrong with the BMV712 that worked so accurate up until now?
Is it just the new firmware issue?
Anyone else having issues?

1 comment
2 |3000

Post screenshots with all battery settings from BMV.

0 Likes 0 ·