question

alan avatar image
alan asked

New fronius Gen24 product support

Does anyone know if victron are supporting the new Symo/Primo Gen24 models?

Anybody know if they are detected and read by the VenusOS?

Venus OSFronius
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jon-lowbank avatar image jon-lowbank commented ·
Any update on support for the Gen 24 inverters? I'm not seeing them in documentation yet.
0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

In Fronius GEN24 devices with software version 1.14 or higher, the Solar API interface is not activated by default and must be activated if required (e.g. integration of a GX device).

The setting for this can be found on the user interface of the Fronius inverter under "Communication" - "Solar API".

This used to be a physical toggle switch, and is still described as such in the Victron Fronius integration documentation

For now it is also important after it is discovered by Victron that the Fronius is power cycled (isolating its AC and PV connection), most especially if it is showing “Multiphase”

Please report back with your results and we can improve the documentation.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

CristiMV avatar image CristiMV commented ·

I just added a Fronius Gen24 Primo on the Ac-Out of a Quattro (already having a Primo also to Ac_out). Only after activating the Solar API, it was discovered by Cerbo GX. Now it is visible also on VRM. Many thanks

1 Like 1 ·
Ben Stanton avatar image Ben Stanton commented ·

Hi @Guy Stewart, we just had a similar problem on a site and your instructions have enabled the Cerbo GX to find the GEN24.

However, (there's always one of those!) - the inverter disconnects after a few minutes of nice comms... The network is solid (albeit using WiFi) and the only way I have managed to get the inverter back is to reboot the GX or just wait and it pops back by itself after another few minutes...

1679967953132.png

Any ideas? Or do you know if this is a known problem at all? Perhaps I can tell the installer that "Victron are working on it" or something equally placating?

0 Likes 0 ·
1679967953132.png (79.0 KiB)
alan avatar image
alan answered ·

So I finally finished my system install, and the Symo Gen24 is detected as a Single phase unknown inverter.

@mvader (Victron Energy) I have to assume that these units will be added? Can we please have monitoring of the PV point output too.

1 comment
2 |3000

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·
Did you enable ModbusTCP with SunSpec enabled?
0 Likes 0 ·
Lawrence avatar image
Lawrence answered ·

Any progress on this. I have a Gen 24 Primo 5.0 AC coupled, connected on the same LAN and it wont show up on the CCGX. Tried connecting it with the ip address but still wont show.

2 |3000

transfersolar avatar image
transfersolar answered ·

Does anyone know where the Microgrid (MG) setting is on the GEN 24 Primo Inverter? This is a requirement on the older snap-in inverters, but there is zero mention of this setting or where to find it on the GEN24 inverter? The GEN24 is listed as a Victron compatible inverter, so maybe the MG setting is a default setting.

There's no information about this anywhere, very frustrating!

1 comment
2 |3000

Andy avatar image Andy commented ·

Is that the setting you're after?
fronius-gen24-mg50.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·